This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Week Eight - Day 1

Yet the start of another week… I really didn’t feel like a run today, considered turning off the alarm and rolling over and going back to sleep, perhaps running later in the day…. But, no, I didn’t give in to that little voice in my head saying sleep… sleep….sleep, lol.

After reading how much Lisa and Nicole both enjoyed their 16 mile runs at the weekend, I decided to go out there and have fun as well! Okay, I was only running 5 miles and the same old route but I took it a little slower today and it was great! I know, I know, may be at this stage with only 6 weeks to go to the half marathon I should be putting in efforts, speed work, etc and not slowing down, but, you know what, I don’t care…. It was the most enjoyable run I had had for a long time so that can’t have been a bad thing, can it?

The most amazing thing about today’s run was the SKY! I wished I had my camera with me… it was very, very cloudy but all soft and cotton-woolly, greys, whites and purples with the sun shining through the gaps onto the lake…and it was so LOW, it felt like it was just out of my reach, but if I climbed a hill and jumped up high I would be able to jump upon the clouds and bounce from one to another. There wasn’t another soul to be seen, only me jogging along, under this curious ceiling of cloud, smiling – what a glorious feeling!

Time: 46:38
Distance: 5 miles

2 comments:

butterflygirl said...

See, aren't you glad you decided to run?

Thomas said...

Well done for ignoring that little voice. It's a regular visitor to anyone who's training.

Don't worry at all about the pace. Extra time on your feet won't hurt you r preparation at all. If you're aiming for a faster time in the half-marathon, make sure you get in at least one speedy run per week, but the occasional relaxed workout won't do any harm whatsoever.