This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Catch-Up



You can see, courtesy of JogBlog, that I have added a countdown timer to the big race – it’s a bit scary seeing how little time I have left to train, I really wish I had started training when I first thought of entering the race rather than pussyfooting around trying to make my mind up whether to run it or not. It would certainly have given me a few extra weeks worth of running. Never mind… I’m doing it now, and that’s what counts. I haven’t specifically said what time I am hoping to run the half-marathon in….. I’m hoping that under 2 hours isn’t being too optimistic. I really should be able to if I carry on with the training and if the weather conditions are perfect on the day. Perfect for me would be no sign of the sun, cool and a slight drizzle! Now, as the run is in the middle of October I think I stand a pretty good chance!

Time for a re-cap and to think about how my training is going so far… My aim last week was to run 20 miles total – adding them all up it comes 19½ . Considering the temperatures I feel I have done extremely well – I absolutely hate running in the sun which is why I have been getting up so early but it really hasn’t made much difference. In fact, as the day has gone on, sometimes the early morning was the hottest part of the day!

Ideally, I like to have a rest day before my long run but because I missed the Monday run it completely threw my schedule out. I ended up running on the Friday but to compromise I did a shorter run and put in an extra mile for the long run making it 8 miles rather than the 7 scheduled – I guess that’s not a bad thing but not something I intend to do next week. Looking at my schedule I need to run 3 x 5 miles and then a 7 on the Saturday. I intend to run Monday, Wednesday (club run), Thursday which will leave a rest day Friday and thus feeling refreshed on Saturday for the longer run. That’s the plan……

1 comment:

butterflygirl said...

You are doing GREAT!!!