This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Up-date

Well, I've had a bit of a mixed week. Last Saturday I pushed the distance a bit and did 4 miles without too much trouble. I even went for a bike ride in the afternoon round part of the Green Wheel covering a distance of 20 miles.

The Peterborough Millennium Green Wheel is a continuous network of cycleways, footpaths and bridleways that provide safe, continuous routes around the city, through picturesque stone villages, the Fens and the scenic Nene valley.

Not only does the Green Wheel contribute to a sustainable transport system, it also celebrates over 3000 years of social, cultural and economic history through colourful interpretation boards and a series of sculptures. This is the Millenium Bridge and you can see more images from the Green Wheel here!


I then went out for a run on Tuesday morning. It was very dark so I decided to go on a route that was mostly lit up by street lights. It was OK and I ran for 1 1/2 miles there and back so 3 miles in total. I was really keen to try and start building up my mileage.

However, during the day I could feel my lower back and top of my right leg (quads) really starting to seize up and become very sore. It wasn't until Friday that I felt ok again. This is really getting me down - I feel I'm just not meant to run!

I'm going for a run tomorrow morning with Rhona and will see how I get on then.

No comments: