This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Tuesday's run

On Tuesday I felt I had recovered from the previous week’s 10 mile race and wanted to test my legs. I set out with Suzanne and we soon got into a good steady pace. Not long into the run we caught up with another couple and joined them. The pace was good, my legs felt strong and my breathing was ok. It had been quite chilly when starting out but I soon warmed up and wished I had put on a t-shirt rather than my Lifa – will I never learn!

After about 4 miles the pace slowed a bit and it was around this time that I noticed the niggling pain in my groin. I’d first got this during the Fenland 10 last week and was hoping that it had just been a consequence of that run. I’m not sure how much it would have forced me to reduce the pace if we hadn’t slowed down anyway.

When we had finished, I stretched out a bit and after arriving back home (just a 5 min car journey) I had a good stretching session. I really don’t want to be injured, especially now I seem to be back to the level of fitness I was at prior to my operation at the end of last year.

1 comment:

Mary Gee said...

I hope that pain goes away!