This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Saturday morning

It seemed to be pretty warm out there and I was going out a bit later than normal, so I planned to do a nice and easy run at a very comfortable pace. I thought about 8 miles would be a good distance and chose my favourite run which I discovered last year. I put it on You Tube and I am excited to say it has even been commented on!



All was going well, I was right about the weather and was very pleased I had taken my water bottle with me, I had to stop at the Golf Club half way round and do a refill. I was enjoying the run until about a mile from home.

As I was running up a long track a woman with her three children and dog were just ahead of me. As I drew close her dog bounded up to me barking. I stopped and she called him back, saying sorry. I started to run off when the dog came after me again. She called him back saying that he was usually so friendly she couldn't understand why he was barking at me. I was beginning to lose my cool by now. I asked her to put the dog on its lead or at least hold on to it, so I could get away. As I was saying this a cyclist came past, and grinning said to her, "Don't worry, he's alright".

Well, I exploded! I shouted after him asking whether he would like to be chased by a barking dog on his cycle. He turned back to look at me and I said "Yes, YOU! How would you like it?"

The lady by this time had hold of her dog, still saying how friendly he is!

Ggggrrrhhhh....

At least it pumped through enough adrenalin to keep me going to the end of my run, lol.

Time: 1:20:56
Distance: 8 miles

No comments: