This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Monday, May 28, 2007

Monday morning recovery run

As was to be expected, I was fairly stiff and aching over the weekened after my looong Saturday morning run!

I had arranged with Sheila and Laura that if I was around I would meet up with them on Monday morning to run a short 45 minute recovery run.

I set the alarm and on waking looked out the window to check on the weather; not too wet and windy so, as agreed, met up with them. We ran around the lake at Ferry Meadows and went up into the woods and then made our way back. It was a good morning, my legs felt quite heavy but not too bad. There were one or two little hills and I could really feel it there but knowing it was only going to be about 45 minutes was enough to keep me going.

We ran along and made arrangements for our next run - Wednesday - Corby 5. We know this to be a very hilly race. Now, I'm not good on hills - so, I'm going to treat this as a training run and just be happy to finish it!

Time: 46:28
Distance: 4-5 miles

No comments: