This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Saturday, November 11, 2006

I am now a fully paid-up member of the jogging club and, guess what, I’m running in a race on Sunday as a club member!

Over the winter months all the local running clubs get together to form a league aptly called “The Frostbite League”. All the clubs compete against one another over a distance of 5 miles and it is the turn of our jogging club to host this month’s race.

With that in mind, we didn’t venture out too far on Thursday evening, covering a distance of around 5 miles. Again, I settled down into a small group of 3 other runners and eventually pulling ahead slightly with George. We run very easily together, our stride patterns matching perfectly. We managed to push each other on, running slightly faster than if I had been on my own.

It was an ideal evening for running and this time I still wore my running tights but opted for a short sleeved t-shirt – perfect! I’m looking forward to Sunday’s run especially with it being around my local vicinity – Steve and my daughter are coming to watch and intend to move around to see me in more than one place to encourage me and cheer me on.

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 48:33

No comments: