This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Saturday, November 04, 2006


For one reason or another, I didn't manage to get out for a run this week until Thursday. It was a sharp crisp late afternoon and for the first time this year I put on my running tights and a thermal long sleeved top. I guessed I probably had about 30-45 minutes of daylight left so set off on a route that would take me that amount of time. I took my camera with me to try and catch the sun setting.

It felt quite strange running in these temperatures, it took a while for me to warm up and I probably could have done with some gloves and ear warmers! I have to remind myself that I was praying for weather like this in the heat of the summer!
I hadn't taken my watch with me today; I went round the lake and across through the nature reserve which is about 4 miles.
Must do more next week!
Time: ?
Distance: 4

No comments: