This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Week Twelve - Day 1

After a rather unsettled evening, waking up every few hours or so to check on the time, I eventually got up at the allotted 5.30 am. Just before waking I had a very strange dream....it was the day of the half maraton and Steve and myself arrived there in plentry of time. People were everywhere... Strangely, Steve was running it as well and he hasn't run for a couple of years now since he had his knee arthroscopy....Well, I then realised I had forgotten my jelly babies (!) so went in search for a shop that sells them.... the shops only seemd to have the hard jelly type which were no good... I went back to the start only to find that the race had already started! I was distraught.... I thought about joining in and running with a friend to help get her round the course... Not sure what I did as the alarm went off ... LOL, will definitely remember the jelly babies on the big day!

Sunrise today was 7.04 am which meant that the first 30 minutes or so was in rather dark conditions. I ran the first bit under street lighting and then stuck to the better lit parts of the course. Rather strangely, I was running through a track with overhanging trees and then suddenly on coming out of it, it was daylight, just as sudden as that!

I was going quite well so decided to go the long way home, my legs were aching a bit but having the confidence of knowing that I can run 13 miles, 5-6 miles is just a doddle (lol, who am I trying to kid, it feels just as hard most times I go out running).

I saw yet another beautiful sunrise - the sky was a lovely pink-y purple-y colour. As I was running around the lake the sun shone out a bright beam and it seemed to track me, following me along the path - it was very uplifting. Gosh, I should like I may have been pushing the run a bit too much and short of oxygen and hallucinating....

Time: 52:33
Distance: ?6

1 comment:

Thomas said...

That's one of the rewards of the early morning runner - beautiful sunrises. I once managed to get two. Once while running over the top of a hill, and then a second one a few minutes later.