This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, July 07, 2006

Week One - Day 3


Excuses, Excuses, Excuses....

To-day’s run was not good, not good at all.

I guess it started with me getting it into my head that the run was going to be a short run (ie 3 miles) so I got out of bed with that expectation and then on checking my schedule, I saw that it was 4 miles – doh! And, again, I hadn’t had a great night’s sleep. I had been to the pool yesterday for a quick swim and during the night my nose became blocked again along with all the usual symptoms – and this is from the swimming pool that usually is ok. I think perhaps my nose is so irritated that this pool water just aggravated it. I’m probably going to have a break from swimming for next week and see if I can clear it up.

Anyway, back to today. I woke up feeling lethargic and blocked-up and really not up to running 4 miles, especially knowing tomorrow was the LONG run so….. rather than not go at all, I did the short run. I hate not sticking to something I set myself but sometimes its best to be realistic and judge the situation and take the best course of action. Ok, ok, this does sound rather feeble – will do better tomorrow!

2 comments:

butterflygirl said...

At least you ran!

Sue said...

Yeah, must stop being so hard on myself :]

It's just sometimes its easy to make excuses rather than have a real reason.